Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Oscars...

Ok so I need to preface this by saying I am NOT a fan of Seth MacFarlane, his humor, his shows, or pretty much anything he does.  However, I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised this evening.  I enjoyed the opening number.  His set ups are good.  He hasn't been any more offensive than most comics, but I have also thought that the line needs to backed up about what/how we "tease" people at awards shows.  I think Seth did a decent job, and who knew he could sing?  I wouldn't call him again but he did OK.

I must say though Shirley Bassey was fantastic, for an Oscars that is supposed to be celebrating musicals that small little segment was good but it seemed lacking.  Obviously and of course Les Mis should have been included, but I just wasn't in love with the Chicago or the Dreamgirls numbers.  Not to say they weren't good but they would not have been my choices.  I did LOVE JHud's performance dress though it was gorgeous!!!  Adele was perfect as usual.  Not that anything else can be expected.  Barbra Streisand's "The Way We Were" stole the show for me.  I love that song.  I loved the performance.  I loved the context of the performance.  I just flat out loved it.  The closing number is adorable.  I just love Kristin Chenoweth she is so adorable.

So what did everyone think of the Jaws theme as the wrap it up music.  I thought it was kinda funny but I still think that part of the award shows are a little bit disrespectful.  Not for anything these people worked very hard to get there and should be able to say their peace, but I do recognize the need for brevity.  I am kind of bummed that Hugh Jackman didn't win I just so totally love him and LOVED his performance.

What did everyone think of the first lady's appearance and delivery of this years Best Picture Award?  Not sure how I feel about it.  She looked lovely and her dress was beautiful but really, why is she presenting an Oscar.  

So dresses I may have to have a follow up on this but I am in love with Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence's dresses.  So different but I just thought they were great.  I also love love loved Kristin Chenoweth's dress.  What in the world was Amy Adams wearing?  She usually is such a fashion frontrunner but I kinda feel like that dress was a flop which makes me sad.  Amanda Seyfried looked gorgeous as usual.  I thought Sally Field looked fantastic.  Jennifer Aniston was gorgeous.  Kristen Stewart really didn't do anything for me her dress was OK but nothing special.  Didn't totally love Nicole Kidman's dress either.

Jessica Chastain was beautiful, she looked very old Hollywood which I love at awards shows.  Have to say I didn't love Jennifer Garner's dress either.  I liked the color but the dress itself wasn't all that.  Charlize Theron was breathtaking.  Even my little ones were looking at her saying Mommy she's beautiful.  Sandra Bullock's dress was awesome too, I loved it.  I didn't love Adele's dress it was pretty but I don't think it was a good style for her.  Her performance dress was fantastic and the shoes were cool.  How could you not love Reese Witherspoon's dress.  Reese could wear a garbage bag and make it look good.  The littlest nominee also looked totally cute Quvenzhane Wallis the blue was a pretty color and she looked as age appropriate as a nine year old Oscar nominee could look.  Speaking of blue Robin Roberts was an inspiration on the Red Carpet tonight.  I think that Maria Menounos was stunning in her pink gown and the best dressed of the hosts of these shows.

So what did you all think?  Who were your favorites?  Best Dressed? Worst Dressed?  Who should have won?  Let me know what's on your mind.



2 comments:

  1. I think I am the only one that didn't watch the oscars :) I haven't watched them in years! I found you on bloggy moms and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts :) You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really haven't watched the Oscars either this year was a fluke Hubs was working and the kids went to bed and I REALLY wanted to see the Les Mis song (it's one of my FAVE musicals). So you are not alone. It was kind of fun though.
      Can't wait to check out your blog :)

      Delete