Thursday, May 2, 2013

Overjoyed with this week!

My "stories" are back and better than I could have ever imagined.  I wasn't sure how the half hour format would work but it's INCREDIBLE.  The ease to watch is unparalleled.  I get up in the morning, turn on the coffee.  Get the kids their breakfast and get them settled.  I pick a show and I watch with my morning coffee.  It's such an incredible way to start my day.  It has been AMAZING seeing all of my favorites back on the screen.

The story lines are intriguing.  Watching All My Children and waiting to find out what happened on that fateful night at the Chandler mansion has been amazing.  I love that they didn't just lay it out in the first episode.  Watching Jessie, Angie, Dixie, Brooke, Adam, Opal, Zach, and my personal favorite Bianca with all the younger kids has been great.  I know that there are people that are upset with the aging of the characters.  I am thrilled by it.  Honestly, I feel that it was inevitable anyway.  The kids are always aged in the Spring in order to bring in the school aged viewers with teen centric story lines.  I am loving the interaction and closeness with AJ and Miranda.  It's very sweet, but it's also very obvious that AJ is starting to see Miranda in a new light, while she still sees him as a brotherly type.  Waiting to find out who Celia's guardian is is another story that I find interesting and can't wait to see how it plays out.

Now on to my Llanview friends.  Seeing Viki and Dorian back and as volatile as ever is like putting on some comfy old slippers.  It's amazing to see that even a year plus hiatus they can walk back in and just pick up where they left off.  Viki and Clint back together again makes me smile ear to ear!!!  Blair and Todd with their amazing chemistry and on again off again tortured love story always leaves me wanting more.  David is awesome as always!!! I am also so impressed with the new writing team that they were able to integrate the GH stories.  With the character crossover to GH and events occurring in Port Charles that may not have been viewed, I think that the writers have done excellent.   Dani's storyline is pretty meaty and I can't wait to see how it plays out.  I think that Kelley Missal is doing a great job so far. Cutter is just too cute for words and I am interested to see what/if anything is going to happen with him and Natalie.

I am just so happy to have these shows back and be able to enjoy them daily.  I have loved watching the interviews, reading the articles, and seeing the cast in photos and promos.  This has been a week that I will never forget!  Thank you to Prospect Park, TOLN, HULU, iTunes and all the people that have made this possible.  To all the fans that never gave up, never walked away, never threw up their hands even when it looked bleaker and bleaker, CONGRATULATIONS! May All My Children and One Life to Live live on for another 40 years as they pioneer the return of cancelled shows to the internet.  The successes of these shows can pave the way for the return of others!    


1 comment:

  1. Kim.

    I wholeheartedly agree with you-both shows are off to great starts.

    AMC-Poor AJ, he's crushing hard on Miranda (and who could blame him-Denyse Tontz is adorable). Pete and Celia are intriguing. David is well, David. And how long can Jessie keep quiet that Cassandra is in trouble?

    OLTL-Viki/Dorian rd. 532 is always entertaining. Kelley Missal is the MVP of week 1. The "open relationship" between the Patels offers various possibilities

    A GREAT first week, overall

    ReplyDelete