Friday, April 19, 2013

What kind of world?

What kind of world am I bringing my children up in?  What is going on here?

This is beyond insane.  All this craziness, an entire major metropolitan city shut down, two young men that have allegedly committed such a heinous crime, how do these things happen?  How does one decide that they want to kill others?  What does killing innocent people accomplish?   So many questions with answers we will probably never know.

J2 just came to me and this is the conversation that we just had.

J2:  "Mommy can I watch TV with you".
Me:  "No, Mommy is watching the news"
J2:  "Can I watch the news too?"
Me"  "Not today angel, Mommy doesn't want you to watch this news"

I don't want my girls to watch this.  No doubt they are too young to understand or process anything, however I can't in good conscience allow them to watch this craziness live.  I am scared myself, who knows what on earth they could possibly see.  Who knows how bad this could get?

I just don't understand how people can hate so intensely?  How can you hate a group of people that you don't even know?  It's seems pretty simple to me.  I don't like you, you don't like me, so let's stay away from each other and move on with our lives.  How can you take such violent action against people.  This is just unreal.  I just don't understand.  It is MORE than clear to anyone that America is not perfect.  Why do we have to continually be under attack.  Why do INNOCENT American people continue to be killed.

Why does the news sensationalize these terror suspects names.  It is been cleared and verified that the one suspect is dead.  Take his picture down, stop using his name.  As for the second suspect, why give him the notoriety.  Killers do not deserve their names and likenesses to be all over the news.  Some of them crave the type of fame that they receive, so why does the American news system give it to them.  No person that commits crimes should get any fame for them.  Call them Suspect A, B etc.  If you must release names in order to protect the people then do so with great care not to cause fame.  

I just have so many questions and I will never get answers to.  I am concerned for my girls and their futures.  I am concerned for the future of America.  I am concerned for my friends and family that are affected in the Boston area.  I am concerned for the victims of this hellacious act of violence.  Situations like this remind me to hug my girls tight and be grateful for every day.

May the suspect(s) that are still at large in this situation be found and taken in alive.  May the justice for those that have planned and perpetrated the attack, be swift.  May there be a day in the future where I won't be fearful of taking my children to events that may be special and fun for fear that something horrible could happen.  May the world become a safer place, a place of tolerance and respect.

God Bless the USA and all those around the world.



1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately America is quickly becoming an unsafe and unsure place. I can remember back to a time when the news wasnt filled with only sadness and hatred. Like you I am worried for my children's future and I always make sure to tell them how much I love them every day, because we never know what may happen.
    www.mommysrambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete